~Make your own chalkboard
1) Buy a piece of masonite board from a craft store. I purchased mine from Michael’s. I chose the size based on the frame that I was going to use with my chalkboard.
2) Purchase some chalkboard paint. You can buy it as a spray can or paint can. It is sold as craft stores, home improvement stores and Walmart. If you buy the paint can, you will also need a paint brush or small roller with a low nap.
3) Follow the directions on the paint for painting your masonite board.
4) Be sure to season your board by rubbing it with the side of your chalk. Once you erase the chalk, your chalkboard is ready to use.
5) If you prefer, you can write with chalk paint pens found at craft stores.
Until next time,
I’m linking to:
Tutorial Tuesdays Link Party @ The Kurtz Corner