A friend of mine asked me for some help in decorating her newly furnished living room. After seeing her space, determining the primary uses of the room, and deciding on the accent colors, we started planning.
1. My friend’s new sofa and loveseat is very similar in color and style to the one pictured. A leather chair compliments the set.
2. To incorporate texture and storage, we’re going to use a large basket that will store the children’s board games. It will sit next to the love seat.
3. We are placing two end tables on either side of the sofa. The drawer and cubby space provide extra storage. The deep wood tone brings out the trim on the sofa and love seat.
4. My friend uses the floor space in the living room for movie night, a treasured family tradition. So, we’re going to place two rust colored ottomans with flip top trays in front of the sofa. These will function as a coffee table, snack trays for movie night, storage, and of course a place to kick up their feet.
5. We will set a table lamp on either side of the couch. The wire basket lamp base brings in texture as well as a place to place decorative objects. The lamp shades lend a golden warmth to the room.
6. My friend wants to dress her windows with roman shades. She eliminated floral patterns right off the bat. This striped pattern is classic and timeless. The terracotta and creamy yellows in the shades pull all of the accent colors together and balance the room.
Now that we have our inspiration, I can’t wait to start shopping for the room!!
Until next time,
by Sharon Hines
I’m linking to:
Wow us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style